Christian spanks Anastasia.
Anastasia repeated refers to the spanking as, “He hit me.”
After he leaves, Anastasia gets drunk and cries loudly enough to upset her roommate.
Anastasia sends drunken emails about being “some woman you fuck occasionally” and how she “doesn’t like” Christian because he never stays with her after sex.
Christian comes over in a huff and explains that owning her, hitting her, and controlling her is a turn on.
When Anastasia balks, he reminds her that, even though: she’s hurting; he left her after sex and spanking/hitting; and she’s confused and crying, her hootersnatch was wet - so that makes it A-Ok.
So then they fall asleep together and now she’s crying from happiness.
Not to mention, EL James has used the word “behind” about 30 times in this one chapter. Not ass, butt, derriere, booty meats, cakes, cookies, fanny, end of the road, the dog’s end, buns, afterwhile, the if-and-when… again, millions of words and combinations of words, and the only ONE she uses is “behind”.
This is not a sexy relationship. This is emotional, mental, and physical abuse. Did I mention this is a terrible book?
This book scares me. How many people will read (or are reading) this an thinking this is a normal/romantic relationship?
I’m assuming this is that “50 Shades of Grey” book? I’m a kinky girl, but look: you don’t explain a D/s relationship to the submissive partner AFTER you have imposed it on them (and blamed them for liking it). That is a discussion sexual partners have BEFORE they consent to kink, with a thorough understanding of everyone’s needs (for example, in this case, the submissive partner’s need for emotional aftercare, as it’s called in BDSM, after kinky acts). From everything I’ve seen of this book, it’s rape culture as erotica, not kink. I’m sorry if talking to your sexual partners about their needs and limits isn’t sexy, but that’s what “safe, sane, and consensual” people do.
This book is hilarious at first, when you look at how horrendous the writing is. But it’s also really scary when you realize how entirely unsafe the BDSM they’re practicing is. There are simple ways to make it safe — things like safewords, etc — but they’re never used, or even mentioned. These books are growing increasingly popular — how many people are going to try to mimic this and find that in the middle of it, if they don’t like it, whoops, they have no way to tell their partner that they want it to stop?
There are easy, simple, and fun ways to make sex like this safe as well as fun. Unfortunately, this book skips safety altogether. And that is really, scarily dangerous.
this is a shitty book, and its a very poor example of BDSM relationships. but in a small defensive of it, he did tell her everything about what he was looking for, have her a typed contract, and reminds her time after time about safe words. every time it goes too far, its because she didnt remember to use safe words.
Fifty Shades of Oh My God NO
This book isn’t just terrifying because of its unsafe portrayal of BDSM, but also because it glamorizes an abusive relationship.
I bolded something really fucking important that people need to know in real life relationships and that also fandom needs to really fucking get through their fucking heads and now I’m just going to walk away before trying to talk about it sends me into the world’s biggest trigger spiral bye
WOW OKAY NO
I WAS GONNA READ THIS FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES AND LIVE-BLOGGING RAGE-Y GOODNESS
WILL NOT READ A BOOK THAT FUCKING TRIGGERS ME GOOD DAY
Oh my godddd this guy HAS HEAVY SCENES WITH HER and then his sorry ass DOESN’T FOLLOW THROUGH WITH AFTERCARE?!!? Fuck that.
- oh-wouldyoulookat-that reblogged this from womanistgamergirl and added:
- finnickfoxes likes this
- randomstuffontumbler reblogged this from fersrsbizniz
- silverliningonstormyclouds reblogged this from shirozora-lives
- fitandhealthlove likes this
- cheru reblogged this from erenyeeager
- neocarleen reblogged this from lost-time-loser
- muttton likes this
- loveayeti reblogged this from laughterbynight
- spookymaggie reblogged this from laughterbynight
- laughterbynight reblogged this from vandynamite and added:
- vandynamite reblogged this from pallas-athena
- pallas-athena reblogged this from lost-time-loser
- spudsworth likes this
- historybunny reblogged this from oopsmyfreudianslipped
- ragnarokandsnakeoil likes this
- fersrsbizniz reblogged this from dragonofstormandfire
- katiemomo likes this
- godlike-smartypants reblogged this from awmanohjeez
- kkkawaiibitch reblogged this from lost-time-loser
- thefriendlyrecluse likes this
- thatsyl reblogged this from lost-time-loser
- driftingcloud reblogged this from seleneokiku
- driftingcloud likes this
- zombiepineapples reblogged this from dreamerchaos666 and added:
- lauranis reblogged this from bilbochan
- lauranis likes this
- dragonofstormandfire reblogged this from bilbochan
- zombiepineapples likes this
- madeofporq reblogged this from candycoatedavalanche
- madeofporq likes this
- mellownotmallow likes this
- mellownotmallow reblogged this from bilbochan
- toasterfish likes this
- captainofthebunnies likes this
- armydoctorpeterpotter reblogged this from bilbochan and added:
- paperdork reblogged this from dreamerchaos666
- bilbochan reblogged this from yaminoyume
- bilbochan likes this
- bug-culture likes this
- yaminoyume reblogged this from dreamerchaos666
- assassinbait reblogged this from demomon
- furansu-pan reblogged this from skyyma
- yaminoyume likes this
- furansu-pan likes this
- demomon reblogged this from dreamerchaos666
- candycoatedavalanche reblogged this from lost-time-loser
- jorgancrath likes this
- lumariawinther likes this
- dreamerchaos666 reblogged this from seleneokiku